£500,000 to boost flood work
12:11pm Thu May 01, 2014
More than £½m has been pledged towards flood defence schemes in Southwell by Nottinghamshire County Council.
At a meeting of the council’s transport and highways committee, councillors approved plans to bid for money towards flood defences from the government and for the council to make a contribution towards schemes.
Mr Bruce Laughton, South-well’s county councillor, said he was grateful for the work the council was doing, which he said was held in the highest esteem.
“The council’s contribution will have a significant impact on the ability of the Environment Agency and Defra to develop a case for further funding,” Mr Laughton said.
He said Southwell Flood Forum had been instrumental in ensuring the town remained a priority for the council.
Please note: If this is your first comment on the new system, you are required to verify your email address before your comment will appear.