Newark Town
Action from the Newark Alliance Premier Division clash between Newark Town and East Bridgford Rangers

The leading three teams in the Premier Division kept up the pressure at the top of the league with comprehensive victories.

Pace-setters Newark Town survived a second-half scare to overcome East Bridgford Rangers 4-0 away from home.

After squandering a few early chances, Town took the lead when Luke Parsons played the ball over the top for Louis Cree, who buried his shot into the top corner from 18 yards.

Some good work from Stefan Bilyk saw him play Cree through, who kept his cool one-on-one to bury the chance and double the advantage.

East Bridgford forced the keeper into a couple of saves and also hit the woodwork.

Ben Lund scored with a cross-turned-shot mid-way through the half to kill off the match before Cree completed his hat-trick.

Town are top of the table thanks to a superior goal difference.

Second-placed RHP took only 11 players with them on the trip to Barkestone-le-Vale, but still emerged with a 6-0 away victory.

Wayne Ord hit two and Ryan Broxholme and Tom Potts also scored in the first-half.

Further strikes by Arron Martin and Adam Boddy finished off the match.

RHP finished with nine players following injuries to Steven Venables and Ryan Ashley.

Newark Flowserve struggled away at bottom club Holy Trinity but still won 2-0.

After struggling to create chances early on, Ian Wade burst forward and played a one-two with Tyler Martin before volleying in from 20 yards.

Five minutes later Daryl Price recieved the ball 30 yards out and dribbled into space, shooting low into the bottom corner.

In the second-half there were few chances for either side, as Flowserve sat on their lead.

Wheatsheaf United came from behind to earn a home win over Collingham.

The home side had the better of the early chances, with Ben Bramwell firing against the bar and Fred Danby forcing the keeper into a save.

Collingham took the lead against the run of play when Taylor Hursthouse headed in from close-range.

Wheatsheaf’s half-time substitutes made the difference. 

Simon Hughes scored twice to give them the lead and Calum Law added a third with a curling effort from outside the area, before he added a fourth when played through one-on-one.